Saturday, May 24, 2008

From Longing to Living

What are you doing? I mean it. What are you doing and why?

Are you just doing what you think will get you ahead in life? Out of your current stuck rut? Everybody breathe...again, and deeper. Now one more time...

I used to hate it when therapists, coaches, yoga teachers etc. would do all these breathing exercises during my time with them. "What a waste" I used to think...can't we just "Get on with things, I have a lot to do/discuss/process etc."

So here we are, breathing together and deeper. Slowing the swirling pace of life down. Being present in our bodies, in tune with our hearts, and anchored in our bellies. Yes, women, in the exact same place that babies are birthed, is where you too must birth your dreams, your desires, your dance with life.

I know that at numerous stages in my life, I've applied for so many things I didn't even want...but I sure thought I did at the time! This absurd pattern started with colleges. I kept applying to one university in particular, not because I liked the school or the city it was in, but because my friends were going there and it "sounded" good. Next, I'd go after guys that I wasn't truly interested in. (This is an article in and of itself!) After that I'd apply for jobs that I didn't really want. Those, of course, were easy to justify, "I needed to work" "It pays the bills" "It includes health insurance" "I should take this job" "It's a good opportunity" "It'll look good on my resume". Recently I found myself doing the SAME thing...

Going after things I thought I should do, sounded practical, could probably work out etc. Yesterday I decided to breathe...deeply. Today I decided to ONLY go after what I REALLY want. The people, projects and experiences that absolutely light me up! I have not taken a vow to be a martyr, and if you look close it could appear that way. (At least until yesterday!)

This whole "going for what I want idea" is interesting. It certainly is opposite to the way I was taught to live life. But many of the ways I've been taught don't work for me. So, today, it's me and God.

Closer than ever, going slower than ever. I'm breathing and asking, "what's next?"; versus being the CEO of rushing nowhere fast.

Today, I'm trusting that if I go for what I truly desire, it will feel good in my body and thrill my soul; and that is where God and I dance. I'm not taking a practical route! I'm jumping on the love train...loving myself, loving my God, and loving and trusting that I'm being directed to where I will be used for His purpose. It is in this divine joy that I switch from longing to living. Here are the 7 steps to go after what you really want:

1. Stop, breathe deeply and be present. 2. Let your desire surface. 3. Trust that extraordinary experiences and provision boardare meant for you. 4. Give yourself permission to go for what you REALLY want. 5. Start having FUN with your life. 6. Call 3 people and share with them the great news of what you're doing. 7. Get to work...your life is waiting for you to arrive!

2007 Gina Ratliffe

**If you would like personalized coaching to assist you in overcoming

your obstacles, call Gina at 310-773-1824 or email her at Gina@EstherExperience.com for further details.

WANT TO READ AN ARTICLE ABOUT A SPECIFIC SUBJECT? email your requests to us at info@EstherExperience.com

WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete tag with it: Life & Success Coach, Gina Ratliffe, publishes the Esther Experience weekly ezine. Women entrepreneurs, if you're ready to live as Queen of your finances, relationships, business and health, and have more fun in your life, get your FREE report now at http://www.EstherExperience.com/optinentrepreneurqueen.html

What does the Law of Balance have to do with the Law of Attraction
Our minds shape our surroundings

No comments: